Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Who Katie Is

I am a graduating senior at San Francisco State University obtaining a BS in Visual Communication Design, and two minors in Marketing and Cinema. Starting in the fall after I graduate, I am enrolled in SFSU for one more year to earn a teaching credential in Art. With this said, I have two career goals that I wish to pursue. First off, being a Cinema Minor, I am looking to get into set designing and promoting for small theaters or film companies. It has always been a passion of mine to work behind the scenes. During my four years of high school, I worked on all the high school plays as lead set designer and stage manager. With this experience, and my newly obtained education, I want to help the local theater/film companies gain the appreciation they deserve. As well, I am highly interested in teaching Computer Art to high school students (which is were I first learned how much I love and enjoy the aspect of designing). I am currently placed at Abraham Lincoln High School in the Sunset District where I will be aiding teachers throughout their art courses.


This crazy man (my nephew Phoenix) is what drives me to do my best so that he can live in a world/family that is strong, caring, and creative. If you know anything about me, you would understand my love for him, my family, my friends, and everything that makes me smile. I am deeply inspired by the world itself. I love observing everything out there and take insights on what could be changed/helped with my input. As well, I feed off my family and friends. They mean everything to me and, because of this, they have always come first in times of need. No one can stand alone and I find it very important to keep those who love you, and you love back, close to you.

Once I am finished with school, I hope to travel the world and experience what it is like being a designer in different countries. I have backpacked throughout Italy and Switzerland and would love to go back. My next trip is to travel Spain and find out what influences Spanish design and architecture. Being in love with Spanish architecture, I want to view first hand and hopefully be able to translate that into set designing here in America.


Six Words That Describe Me:

Driven
Caring
Imaginative
Observant
Silly
Hungry

No comments:

Post a Comment